Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekend happenings...

Yesterday:

  • Up a couple of hours before my husband...I love it when I wake up early-ish on a Saturday morning, feeling rested. I made coffee, curled up on the couch and read a book, then had some blog-reading, online free time with my coffee before D. woke up.
  • I spent some more time researching local farms and locations to get local goods...also read a bunch of information about once a month cooking...very intersting!
  • Some of the places I visited: Get Local, Farm Fresh BC, Once a Month Cooking World, and many other places.
  • Alloette lake with D. in the afternoon. I swam "laps" in the lake, and layed in the sun while D. sat in the shade creating something on paper. It was a lovely afternoon.
  • Grilled local burgers and made corn on the cob on the grill for the first time. I will never, EVER make corn another way. So tasty! The burgers were amazing too (and I'm not much of a "large pieces of red meat" kind of gal either).

Today:

  • Church
  • Running various errands
  • Vaccumed the whole house, finally sorted through and put away mounds of clean laundry in our bedroom, and rearranged the furniture there.

It's been a good weekend. I'm thankful for it, as I have a busy work week coming up and am working all day Saturday next weekend.


2 comments:

RW said...

I love being up before the rest of my household. Which means I rarely sleep in; it is a trade off - but I think I prefer the quiet hours to the sleep.

Nike said...

Like it's older cousin, the north face jackets the 2012 BaByliss Pro 230 Elegance straightener gets to 230 degrees salon temperature and it is ready to use in just Just a few seconds.
Moncler Jackets The super shine, 25% longer true titanium plates, straighten up larger sections of hair at one time for rapid results and give an ultimate sleek finish. Buy Ugg Boots Featuring its State-of-the-art Ceramics heating system, it offers extremely rapid heat recovery to maintain consistent high heat throughout use. Nike Air Max Shoes Sounds excellent doesn't it? Well it is!