Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Okay, well at our house, not so much "look" a lot like Christmas. We haven't gotten to putting up decorations yet, and probably won't since I leave for the mainland Friday or Saturday, and Daryl will be heading over on Tuesday and we won't be back till the new year. I've been feeling a little sad about no-decorations and the fact that we haven't done much Christmas preparation due to busy schedules, but today sort of remedied that.

But, it is feeling a little more like Christmas though because:

a) Today was a snow day. Church was cancelled, and there is lots of snow out.
b) It's really really cold!
c) I baked today. Not entirely successfully though. I made these really yummy spicy chocolate shortbread-type cookies. Most of them burned however. Sigh. I also have shortbread dough in the fridge ready to make.
d) We went to a Christmas dinner at D.'s Nana and Papa's place. It was super yummy and very festive.
e) We wrapped all the presents we've bought.

So, now I have 5 days to get everything ready for before I go leave for work. I have quite a bit of out-of-the-house work this week, so it will be a busy week trying to get everything done. On my to-do list this week is:
- Finish my last case study.
- Finish my last set of case notes and internship hours verification.
(Note: Once these tasks are complete, I will officially be done ALL my coursework AND my internship!).
- Pick up some groceries so I can eat lots of veggies this week!!
- Make a hair appointment and go to it :)
- Make (if possible so last minute) an appointment to get new orthotics made and go to it :).
- Finish buying presents
- Wrap the remaining presents (they all have to go with me when I leave).
- Bake the shortbread.
- Make peppermint bark for small presents.
- Deep clean the house (all the deep bathroom cleaning, floor cleaning, etc) as we have guests staying with us after we get back (which we are SO excited about).
- Prepare all the things I need for work this coming weekend.
- Write cards and mail (I'm still debating whether I'll get to this or not).
- Do the paperwork and admin generated by my out-of-the-house work this week.
- Get to the gym. I only went once last week and am feeling a bit sluggish. And soon will be away for over a week and won't know how much I"ll get to work out.

I'm thankful I made a big pot of veggie chili last night and I have butternut squash soup in the fridge, so I'll have those for quick-ish meals this week. I'll just pick up some salad stuff for lunches and should be all set.

Okay, now I'm a bit stressed out by that list. I think I can get at least 5 or 6 things done tomorrow when I get home from work.

But soon it will be Christmas Holidays! This will be the first time in at least a few years that we've been off work, together for this long. It will be more than 10 days I think!!! I'll probably do some work while off and may have a meeting or two while on the mainland but it's mostly a real break!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ahh! I'm stressed out by that list, too :) And I don't even have to do it (well, yours, that is. I have some things of my own to do).

Can't wait to see you & D! I'm off from the afternoon of the 23rd to the 5th of Jan. Will you be in Langley for some of that time?

biss said...

Ahhh, I have a list that's driving me a bit crazy too. Two more days till we leave and the baby is having a growth spurt, which means I'm chronically hungry and she's eating every hour or so. But I REFUSE to go grocery shopping before we leave.
We'll have to eat festively together. I feel like I've missed all the "Christmas" so far.

Nike said...

Like it's older cousin, the north face jackets the 2012 BaByliss Pro 230 Elegance straightener gets to 230 degrees salon temperature and it is ready to use in just Just a few seconds.
Moncler Jackets The super shine, 25% longer true titanium plates, straighten up larger sections of hair at one time for rapid results and give an ultimate sleek finish. Buy Ugg Boots Featuring its State-of-the-art Ceramics heating system, it offers extremely rapid heat recovery to maintain consistent high heat throughout use. Nike Air Max Shoes Sounds excellent doesn't it? Well it is!