Friday, December 05, 2008

Butternut Squash Soup

I made this roughly based off of a recipe in Cooking Light. In their recipe you were supposed to roast the squash first with the Garam Masala and oil etc...I just did it all in a pot, and it turned out SOOOOO good. I forgot how good butternut squash soup is!!

Saute about 3/4 of a chopped onion, 2 TBSP olive oil about 3 medium squashes (chopped), about 1-2 TBSP of Garam Masala and a couple of pinches of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper for about 5 minutes.

Add 2 chopped apples and about 2 TBSP maple syrup (you can add the syrup earlier...I can't remember exactly what point I added it in at). Saute for another few minutes.

Add about 5 cups of vegetable broth (or till everything is covered with broth).

Simmer all that until the squash is soft, then blend with a hand blender or blender/food processor in batches (I just use my braun hand blender). Taste and season with more salt/pepper/maple syrup etc if needed.

That's about it. So good!! Sorry, didn't get a picture :(

2 comments:

eric_gardenfork said...

i am staring at a giant cheese squash in my kitchen thinking about how to make soup with it, and i ran across your blog post. I like your simple approach here. I'm all about keeping it simple.

thanks for posting your recipe, i have a braun hand mixer too. they work well. esp for soup.

thx, eric. gardenfork.tv

Nike said...

Unlike other series, as it first released by Nike in 1987, Nike has frequently introduced new and updated models in the same product line. From the first pair of Nike Air Max,
Motorcycle Fairings the advantage of Nike Air Max shoe Asics Tiger is using of large air cushioning unit at he heel which is visible from the side of the midsole in most models. Different types of Air Max cushioning include "Air Max2" which does not have the "holes" in the cushioning unit and is of high pressure,Beats By Dre