Monday, April 14, 2008

Much ado about nothing.

Much has been happening lately, which is probably why I haven't had time to blog about it. I don't have time right now, but am of course procrastinating. I think it's been too much to catch up on in one blog though.

Most recently I spent the second of three consecutive weekends on the mainland. This weekend was supposed to be two days of work for me, then a wedding on Sunday. I started getting sick on Thursday, by the end of work on Friday was feeling pretty horrible, and by Saturday was dead on my feet. I still went to work, and got back to my in-laws and collapsed. Needless to say we didn't go to the wedding on Sunday. I was so sad not to go, as this was the wedding of a friend who was our only friend when we moved to MA and helped us so much!!

We came home Sunday night, and I worked all day today, and am now cramming to finish a giant lit review and research proposal that is due on Wednesday. Of course I'm cramming, of course I didn't get it done before now. Ug. SO wishing I had, as I'm still feeling pretty under the weather and would love nothing more than to just sleep.

This week is also, of course a full work-week, re-training entire teams, running assessments and more. Liturgy on Wednesday will hopefully be a blessed break. I also foolishly agreed to have a draft of my upcoming conference presentation to the supervising prof by Friday. Then Friday night I head back to the mainland to attend an all day workshop on Saturday!

Then, hard as it is to believe it will be Palm Sunday and Holy Week. How is that possible? Where did Lent go? But, that means that Pascha is coming soon, and one more school semester will be over, and it will only be a month until I go to the conference in Chicago.

So apparently this was just a post to whine about my schedule. Really - writing it all out here somehow soothes me. I don't know why, but it does :-).

I would just like to not be sick. That's all, then the rest will be managable.

1 comment:

Magnificent M said...

Oh sigh... that sounds horrid. Insanity!!! This year it will be your year to feel like going completely nutso at ABA (me last year).