Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ah need some woh motivation

Does anyone else know the song reference I just made in the title? ("I want somethin' else...to get me through this...semitone kind of life...).

I'm finding it very difficult to get motivated after being sick. So much work has piled up it's hard to get moving. My classes started on the 16th, and I haven't even cracked a book yet. Ug!

I'm going to try to get back on track today and get caught up on my client work and at least crack a book or two for school.

Had a great but exhausting weekend. I was on the mainland teaching a workshop with M. Well, okay, let's be honest; researching, developing, writing and teaching a workshop with M. My favorite moments of the weekend were:
- Being woken up by M. at 8am with her saying "Sooooo....you up for a little Ikea this morning?" (only at her house would I get that wake up call - of course, it got me out of bed immediately).
- The 2.00 breakfast at Ikea...mmm..
- As always....wandering the showroom.
- M. and I making Vindaloo, homemade Naan, raita, and a giant mess for dinner. At 8pm, when we'd barely started the work, we had managed to create a giant disaster to clean up!!
- M. handing me licorice at 3 am saying "Do you want some stale licorice" and me and the stale licorice being just what I wanted! For some reason it tasted so good!
- Realizing that Staples didn't open till 10am the next day, when our workshop started at 10am, that the photocopier at Shoppers was broken, and in the process of running back and forth to find somewhere to photocopy handouts, spilling the lovely americano M. had made me all over the car (it now has a lovely spilt coffee scent).

All in all, it was a good weekend. I love teaching, and especially teaching with M. I only wish I had more time to research and teach! Maybe one day :-).

1 comment:

Magnificent M said...

LOL! ah yes we make a "good" pair. Its probably good that we are seperated by a body of water for a majority of the time!! We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the... well no sun but we had snow and we had ikea, who needs sun?!?