Monday, October 15, 2007

Peachy Keen

I just have to share my happiness. All due to peaches.

I have this "smoothie maker." It's a kind of extra-fancy blender - the great thing about it is it's the first "blender" I've had that actually does ice and frozen goods well.

So, I also have all these frozen peaches now. This morning, while studying I decided I would make a smoothie, because I also have some fat free plain yogurt and am trying to get back on track with my eating habits :-).

So, I made a smoothie with peaches, the yogurt, about a 1/3 or 1/2 cup of orange juice and some maple syrup drizzled in. I opened the blender and scooped out a bit to taste and it is SO GOOD! So smooth and yummy and better than any smoothie I've ever made at home. Thank goodness for those Osoyoos peaches!

I'm also snacking on wasabi ranch potato crisps from Safeway's new "eating right" line. I loathe that store, but found these and they are very light, low fat, high fiber and fulfill that salty snack craving well.

Have to keep studying, need to run to write tests soon and once again am not ready!

No comments: