Saturday, April 14, 2007

A good day

Today was a good day.

We slept in (for us) till about 9am, and lounged in PJ's till about 12:00 noon. This day was great for a few reasons:

1) I bought new pajamas yesterday. New pajamas are definately up there on my list of things that make me happy. I LOVE a sleep in morning, when I have new comfy pajamas to wear to bed.

2) We had oatmeal raisin cookies from Thrifty's for breakfast. These are the absolute best cookies ever (in my opinion). They are wonderful, chewy, vanillay cookies. You can end up with crunchy ones though, so "testing" is necessary. I treat them like you might a mango or an avacado. I go from cookie package to cookie package lightly sqeezing the cookies to see if they "give" the way a good chewy cookie should, till I find the perfect ones. These ones were perfect. Yes. I had 4 oatmeal raisin cookies for breakfast. But you faithful blog readers will remember my multiple apple pie for breakfast posts, and will not be surprised by my excessive cookie consumption.

3) We had san pelegrino sparkling orange juice. I always wake up dehydrated, and rarely have juice, though it is what I crave madly, becuase of the high calorie content, and cost. But we had just bought some san pelegrio on sale. It is like heaven to me first thing in the morning!

3) We had good coffee -Kicking horse coffee. The "Kick ass" variety. No, I'm not using profanity, that's what it's actually called- check the link! Very good coffee :-)

4) After eventually showering, we went for a long walk on the trails around here which was very refreshing, and it felt so good to get some exercise, and to get outside.

5) When we got home, we had turkey bacon and eggs and whole wheat pancakes for a late lunch. Very yummy :-). More kicking horse coffee here as well.

6) We then took an AFTERNOON NAP. We rarely do this anymore, but oh is it wonderful!! I love the afternoon nap. It's wonderful. Did I mention it's wonderful.

7) Then we had an excellent evening with Daryl's aunt.

We DID do some constructive things in between all this!! This wasn't the WHOLE day. But, it was a more luxuriously relaxing day than we've had in a long time, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Glory to God!

3 comments:

Coramie said...

To quote a phrase someone once quoted to me..."Sometimes the most Godly thing you can do is to take the day off"
I'm so glad the day was a good one.

Magnificent M said...

Sometimes simply having bonding time with your DH is the best way to spend time. You guys have been very fortunate to have time together, just the two of you, to build a strong foundation. It will serve you well when you have kids. Enjoy those wonderfully "lazy" days... they are a blessing.

BTW your blog keeps makin me hungry!!! (take off on "these pretzels are makin me thirsty!!")

Richard Gould said...

Hey!

Do you and Daryl want to go for coffee sometime? (Email me - all the email addresses I have for you two are bouncing)

rwgould@gmail.com