Friday, January 26, 2007

Brrrr!!!!!!

1) It is STINKING cold here. Here are the current weather conditions:

Wind : from the NW (310 degrees) at 9 MPH (8 KT) gusting to 18 MPH (16 KT)
Sky conditions : mostly clear
Temperature: 1.9 F (-16.7 C)
Windchill: -13 F (-25 C)


Pay particular attention to the temperature with wind chill. -13 would be cold if we were talking celsius. But it's -13 F. Which is (as seen above) MINUS TWENTY -FIVE Celsius. I think - no, I'm sure that this is the coldest weather I've ever experienced. My baby toe actually went numb while I was driving to get gas today. I was just running out to get gas, and then going to a cafe to study, so a) was not wearing appropriate footwear (slip on regular shoes, thin shoes) and b) Did not let the car warm up before driving. After I finished getting gas, and was driving to the cafe, I realize my baby toe was numb. NUMB. Like felt like it was "asleep" and I should get pins and needles if I tried to move it. No pins and needles - it was just frozen.

2) I had my eye exam today, and walked out with new glasses! I love them. I'm very excited. Unfortunately, the barage of eye exam stuff, and the new glasses left me feeling VERY nauseous and headachy all day :-(. I'm feeling a bit better now though, that my eyes have had a bit of time to get adjusted and recover.

3) Our current landord just called to see if we had "any" furniture left and said she would buy everything we have from us b/c a relative is moving into our apartment after we leave, and has no furniture. We had mentioned we'd be selling it, and she was interested, but then said she wasn't sure so we should post it on craigslist and try to sell it. Anyhoo - I haven't posted anything yet, so this means a) No posting b) No hanging around for strangers to come to my apt to pick up furniture c) I will have a fully furnished apartment right up until the day I leave and d) A guarantee that we'll make back some of the money we spent furnishing the apartment. So this is very good. Now we just have to sell this car! I posted on Craigslist but have had NO replies yet!?! I'm going to post it at work too and see what happens.

4) I was off today, and I'm off tomorrow. That is, for the record, TWO days off in a row! My OT is done for now, and I haven't had 2 days off for several weeks! I did get some studying done, and scheduled my exams that I"ll be taking here before I leave.

5) I miss my husband !!! I know the next few weeks will fly by, but I really really miss him!

6) I MUST get around to trying to make Bastet stay in her airline carrier for a while, and attempt carrying her around in loud busy places with it. I'm kind of avoiding it. She's going to hate it. M - maybe we could develop a shaping procedure together?? We could market the program and pay for our ABA conference attendance. lol!

3 comments:

Coramie said...

So....are your nosehairs freezing yet??? It's a most peculiar feeling when they do...believe me!! Also.... make sure your hair is totally dry when you go outside. I gather we are to go down to -29 here in the next little while....so we will compare notes!!

Magnificent M said...

Oh your mom is so correct! Nothing like frozen hair, all pokey and horrid. When I lived in Ottawa we had some -40 and that felt like it was literally sucking hte breath out of my lungs. You can't even get out of the doorway before the ice hits your lungs. What was really gross was I worked in a downtown office and we had to wear suits and nylons and the whole bit!! ugh, dressed nice, taking the BUS and freezing one's toosh off. Good times. Hopefully it won't get that cold in mass! We miss you, can't believe you are going to be home in 1 month!!!! How would I have survived 4 years of no you??!!

Anonymous said...

I miss you too. Come home so I can warm you up!